Thank you for visiting the Trustco Bank (also referred to in this privacy statement as "we," "our," or "us") website (the "Site"). The Site is designed to make it easier and more efficient for Trustco Bank customers to interact with us. Like all online resources, we recognize that visitors to this Site are concerned about their privacy. Trustco Bank is committed to preserving your privacy when visiting this Site.
Information Collected When You Visit this Site And How We Use It
When you visit this Site we automatically collect and store the following non-personally-identifiable information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol address and domain name of your Internet service provider. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer, which can be used to direct internet traffic to you;
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited this Site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this Site; and
- The URL or website address of the website you visited prior to coming to this Site and from which any web page on this Site was linked.
We may use common tracking tools to collect the information described above. These tracking tools may include:
- Web Beacons: A web beacon (also referred to as a "pixel tag") is a small block of code that is placed on a Site page or within an email. Trustco Bank does not use web beacons to collect or store personally-identifiable information.
Your browser may enable you to block or (in the case of cookies) delete some of the means by which we automatically collect information when you visit the Site. You should refer to your browser about what options might be available to you.
We use the non-personally identifiable information we collect to improve this Site's content and to help Trustco Bank understand how people are using this Site. This information is collected for statistical analysis, to determine what information is of most and least interest to our visitors, to identify system
performance or problem areas, and to offer advertisements that may be of interest to visitors to the Site. Trustco Bank does not sell or distribute the information collected from this Site to third parties for their commercial marketing purposes.
We or our advertising service providers may use information about your activities on the Site and/or Third Party Sites (such as the pages that you visit and the key words that you use to search for content) to help determine what advertisements or offers might be of interest to you. These advertisements may be on the Site or on Third Party Sites. The use of information in this manner is referred to as "online behavioral advertising." We believe that online behavioral advertising helps to provide you with more relevant advertising based on the websites that you visit.
Information Collected When You Email Trustco Bank Through This Site And How We Use It
If during your visit to this Site you send an email to Trustco Bank, your email address and the contents of your email will be collected. The information collected is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. It may also include any "personally-identifiable information" that you include in the email (such as your name, address and telephone number). It is important to remember that regular (non-encrypted) email is not secure. Please do not send Trustco Bank any sensitive information (such as: your Social Security number, driver's license number, account number(s), credit or debit card number(s), or any log-in information or passwords that you may use to access your financial information through the Site) via regular email.
If you do not send us information via email it does not affect your ability to use any other features of this Site.
Your email address and the information contained in your email will be used to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve this Site, or to forward your email to another agency for appropriate action. Your email address is not collected for commercial marketing purposes and we do not sell or distribute your email address to third parties for commercial marketing purposes.
Trustco Bank Does Not Knowingly Collect Information From Children
Currently, Trustco Bank does not knowingly collect personal information from children or create profiles of children under the age of 13 through this Site. People are cautioned that the collection of personal information provided by any individual in an email will be treated the same as information given by an adult, and may, if not protected by applicable law, be subject to public access. Trustco Bank encourages parents and teachers to be involved in children's Internet activities and guide the children whenever children are asked to provide personal information on-line.
How Trustco Bank Shares the Information We Collect
We may share the personally-identifiable information that you provide to us or that we receive from our business partners and/or service providers with our service providers. For example, we share your email address with service providers who send emails on our behalf. We may also share non-personally-identifiable information with third parties who perform advertising services on our behalf and with companies that operate or analyze the Site. We do not authorize these third parties to use or disclose the information that we share with them except as necessary to perform services for us or to comply with law. These third parties may not use the information that we provide to them to independently market to you unless you consent.
Trustco May Be Required to Share Information Collected From Site Visitors in Some Instances
Information collected through this Site, personal or otherwise, may, if not protected by federal or City law, be subject to disclosure pursuant to law, such as the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL), or court order. Additionally, Trustco Bank may disclose personal information to federal, state, or city law enforcement authorities to enforce its rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to Trustco Bank information.
- To stop receiving promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you receive from Trustco Bank. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we may still send you transactional messages, including responses to your questions or information about your accounts with us.
- To opt out of online behavioral advertising click here. This opt-out is browser- and computer-specific because the opt-out is stored as a cookie. If you delete cookies after you opt out, you will need to opt out again. Please note that you may still continue to see our generic advertising even if you opt out of online behavioral advertising.