Mobile Deposit FAQ's
What is a Trustco Bank Mobile Deposit?
Trustco Bank Mobile Deposit is a service included in the Trustco Bank Mobile Application that allows you to deposit paper checks using a compatible mobile device at any time that is convenient for you.
How do I deposit a check using a mobile device?
In the Trustco Bank Mobile Application, tap the "Deposits" icon in the navigation menu. Choose the checking account to have the deposit credited to, enter the amount of the check, take a photo of the front and back of the endorsed check and submit the deposit.
Who is eligible to use the Mobile Deposit function?
- Customers with a Trustco Bank Checking Account.
- Active online/mobile banking access.
- Most current version of the Trustco Bank Mobile Application.
What do I do with my paper check after a mobile deposit has been submitted?
Once you have deposited the check successfully, you should keep the check in a safe place for 30 days. After the 30 days and you have confirmed the deposited funds have been credited to your account correctly, shred and dispose of the check.
Are there limits for deposits made using the Mobile Deposit function?
There is a daily limit of 10 deposits and a maximum amount of $2,500 total. There is a monthly limit of 25 deposits and a maximum amount of $10,000 total.
What is the cost for using Mobile Deposit?
There is no cost to make a deposit using the Mobile Deposit Function.
When will my Mobile Deposit funds be available?
Check deposits made using the Mobile Deposit function are subject to verification and will generally be available for withdrawal within 2 business days from the date of your deposit. Some checks may be held longer for further processing. Please refer to your account disclosure for additional information regarding deposit availability. Mobile check deposits received on weekends, bank holidays and Monday through Friday after 3 pm ET are processed the following business day.
What types of checks can I deposit using the Mobile Deposit function?
- Personal checks payable to you
- Business checks payable to you
- Checks drawn from a United States bank
The following check types should not be submitted using the Mobile Deposit function:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you
- Foreign checks
- Savings bonds
- Money orders
- Traveler's checks
What are some tips on using Mobile Check Deposit?
- Verify the back of your check is signed.
- Make sure the check amount entered matches the amount written on your check.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- The photos of the deposited check should be taken in a well-lit area.
What type of mobile device do I need to use Mobile Deposit?
- Apple iPhone (all models), iOS 3.1+
- Android 2.1.1+, all models with a 2MP auto-focus camera