CardValet is a Card Controls Application that allows a Trustco Bank Debit Cardholder to manage their debit card by:
- Restrict purchases to locations, merchant categories, or transaction types
- Easily lock and unlock cards
- Set up alerts based on transaction type, merchant category, location, or even spend limit
- Check account balances and view recent debit card transactions
CardValet can manage and track specific types of debit card transactions – or quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity. Users can customize their experience by choosing from a variety of options.
Card On/Off Setting
- When the card is "on," transactions are allowed in accordance with their usage control settings.
- When the card is "off," no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is subsequently turned back "on." This control can be used to control spending, disable a lost or stolen card, or prevent fraudulent activity.
- Spending limits can be established to allow transactions up to a certain dollar value and decline transactions when amounts exceed defined thresholds.
- Transactions can be controlled and monitored for specific merchant categories such as gas stations, department stores, restaurants entertainment, travel, and groceries.
- The My Location control can restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of a cardholder's location (using the phone's GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified range can be declined.
- The My Region control uses city, state, country or zip code on an expandable interactive map; transactions requested by merchants outside of a specific region can be declined.