Security and Fraud Prevention
- You should monitor your accounts as a standard practice and let us know if you see any Trustco card transactions you don’t recognize. Contact your local branch or call customer service at 1-800-670-3110 (between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm M-F) immediately.
- Protect your PIN # - Memorize your PIN#, do not keep this number in your wallet or purse. Do not write this number on the back of your card. Also, if you change your PIN# , select a unique PIN# and avoid using numbers such as birth date, phone number
- Go Paperless….Consider switching to online statements and keep sensitive financial information out of your mailbox.
- Trustco representatives will never call or e-mail you and ask for your account numbers, password, PIN, debit card number or social security number. Always keep this information private, even at home.
- Don’t give your Trustco User ID or password in e-mail or over the phone.
- Change your password often. This is an easy way to secure your privacy and data.
- Always log off after an online banking session.
If you're planning on using your debit card to make purchases or ATM withdrawals outside of the United States, please call your local branch in advance so we may temporarily adjust the security settings on your debit card. Normally we block all international transactions to safeguard your account against fraud.
The following online resources provide information on different scams/threats involved in identity theft and cybercrime:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation E-Scams and Warnings
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Phishing Alerts
- Better Business Bureau Identity Theft Prevention
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team-Phishing Education and Prevention
Current Interest Rates
Please enter your Zip Code to see current rates: